Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Extra Credit Post

My t-shirt
On Monday, I wore a shirt that represented my true personality. I chose a couple of words that described me the best and put them on there so that it looked like a crossword. The words that I choose were starkid, potterhead, positive, awkward, laugh, Canadian, and softball. All these words felt like they represented me well (and that I had the right iron-on letters for)

When people first saw my shirt, they thought that it was like a fan made t-shirt for a concert. But then when they read it, I explained that it was part of my English project. It was confusing to read at times, people often thought that potterhead was "pothead." They also asked what "starkid" meant, which was difficult to explain. Some people were surprised that I was Canadian, and took the opportunity to ask me more questions about myself.

All together, it wasn't bad wearing this t-shirt. In the morning, I was a little nervous because I didn't know what people would think about when they would see softball or starkid on my shirt. But I wasn't harassed and everyone just curious about what the things on my shirt meant.

I learned that it's not bad to be yourself and that my friends are very supportive of what I do.


Matching Shirts(:


No comments:

Post a Comment